Saturday, December 29, 2012

Dental drill fell into patient's lung

A dental implant surgery turned into a nightmare as the dentist’s drill came unstuck, fell down the patient’s throat and landed in her right lung, an accident which has now been reported to the authorities.

The patient, a 60-year-old woman, was having dental implant surgery at Västmanland County Hospital in Västerås, in central Sweden.

During surgery, the drill came loose from the grip and fell into her mouth. She was quickly pulled into a sitting position, but it was too late.

Shark tank explodes in busy shopping centre, leaving 15 injured

Shoppers were left seriously injured after a 33-tonne shark tank suddenly exploded in the middle of a busy shopping centre.

Flying shards of glass and a torrent of water left 15 people injured at the bustling Orient shopping mall in Shanghai, China.

CCTV footage shows members of the public ducking for cover after the tank, which housed sharks, turtles and fish, shattered without warning.

Doctors save man's life by injecting his heart with ALCOHOL!

First, let me start off by saying that I am sorry for posting many articles in the last couple of days. Family came to visit for the holidays and I got a bit behind. My apologies. Nonetheless, here is whats "in Z news"!

Doctors have saved a patient's life by killing off part of his heart with neat ALCOHOL.

Medics used the rare treatment to induce a controlled heart attack.

Cardiologist Dr Tom Johnson said his patient Ronald Aldom would never have left the Bristol Heart Institute if his condition could not been treated.