Friday, February 15, 2013

Toddler swallowed 42 fridge magnets

Unable to see video? CLICK HERE

Surgeons in Russia had to operate after a 12-month-old toddler swallowed more than 40 fridge magnets.

The tot's mum panicked when she noticed that all of the magnets from the family's fridge had gone missing.

The woman, whose name has not been released, rushed her son to hospital near her home in Chelyabinsk.

"The child had been in the room alone with the magnets and now they were gone. She thought he must have swallowed them," said a clinic spokesman.

Surgeons confirmed her fears when ultrasound scans found 42 magnets in the tot's digestive system.

Chief pediatric surgeon Nikolay Rostovtsev - who performed the op - said: "Over the years, I had to take a variety of foreign bodies including magnets from young patients.

"Once I removed about 20 of them, but this incident of our little patient has broken all records."


Got an unusual story? Send it to

No comments:

Post a Comment